Tuesday, October 14, 2008

As a first time mom a lot of things have thrown me a little off. Why do I talk about poop with such interest? Why do I scrub down the sweet potato skin before baking it, even though it will be peeled off before she eats it? How did I ever live without a vacuum steam cleaner for so many years? I can't believe the concoctions of food I have been putting in the blender to tempt her.
My sweet girl has her first tooth. Two more are very close to popping through. I really wasn't excited for her to get teeth. The first teeth all look funny and then what if they are all crooked and I just really love the gummy smiles I've been getting the last 9 months. Then the first little ridge of white popped through and I think I might have squealed. Every teensy little thing is a thrill. Will it be like this for the next 18 years, and what about the next child?

1 comment:

kblogs said...

This is such a sweet entry... I know I'm only 18 and have never had a child, but I have babysat children for 5 years and watching them grow up from infant to child is such a magical experience. I've never been so excited to see teeth before, either!

And I totally understand your addiction to etsy.com... It's amazing.