Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New York I Love You

It helps that New York also housed all my sisters for a week.  We were touristy, we shopped, we ate pizza and chocolate covered cinnamon bears.  We sat at parks for hours, we got soaked in the rain which led to more shopping.  We slept good sleep on air mattresses.  We saw rats in the subway stations and walked and walked and walked.  Here you go...
 Prospect Park
We totally got the audio tour on Liberty and Ellis Island.  We should have felt touristy/dorky but we didn't care at all.  The information and stories were so cool.  I loved Ellis Island, the building was beautiful and you could feel the stories of so many people.
Pizza stop #1 Lombardi's.  According to them it's the first pizzeria of America

 Fountain at Bryant Park
NYC Library, it was spectacular inside.  Makes my little Lake Hazel branch look silly.
Outside The Met.  We saw a cool exhibit with Prada and Schiaparelli, incredible clothes.  And then we visited the standards, Monet, Manet, Picasso, VanGogh.  And then we searched for an hour looking for food.  And then we were all exhausted and left.  That place is huge, right?
 Kakie's rooftop
 Our morning stop, this particular morning we got huge bagels with a ton of cream cheese.  We were ALL boring and got plain bagels with strawberry cream cheese.
 Waldy's, so so good.  Most of us ended up getting roasted asparagus with prosciutto and fresh mozzarella.  They have a side table with fresh herbs you just pick and throw on.  Seriously.
 Doughnut Plant in Chelsea. We each got TWO!  My choice was toasted coconut with filling and Tres Leche.


 Central Park.  It is just what you imagine only way way bigger.  It was so lush and green during our visit.  And we dawdled around this fountain forever waiting for some little girls to do a dance recital but we got hungry so...
 Everywhere you look.
Last day spent at Prospect Park talking, eating chocolate covered almonds (mainly me), chocolate covered cinnamon bears (everyone else) and licorice.  We brought games and didn't even pretend to play one.  We took turns sticking our legs in the sun.
I don't remember if this is the beginning or end of the Brooklyn Bridge, but we walked it.  Then got more pizza at Grimaldi's.  It may be my favorite it may be when I was the hungriest.  We won't know till next time.
 Kakie's stoop on our last night.

6 comments:

Nat said...

My dream trip! That's even more awesome with your sisters!!! Looks awesome. You all are so cute!

Bean said...

Is it dumb to say that when we are all together I think it ups my cute factor? even in the pictures where my hair is frizzy and not sayin' anything. I love ny too. Doesn't hurt that 2 out of 3 trips were without dependents. I've had my best sleep of the last eight years on Katie's couch.

kate said...

Come back!!!

Me said...

How special & it looks/sounds like a total blast. Reading this makes me love you all even more.

Liz said...

Such a great trip. I love re-living it every time someone blogs or sends photos.

The Watkins said...

you lucky, lucky girl.