Monday, October 17, 2011

I should be asleep


I keep finding myself laptopping when I should be asleep. It's always around 10:30 when things are quiet and I go through my google reader. I'm so behind, don't even get me started on Pinterest.
But this girl is killing me lately. She is cute and sweet and so big.


This was from swim lessons tonight.
She's pretty happy with this new little guy around. Today she got him out of the swing, laid him on the couch and went scrounging in the fridge for a bottle. So nice and scary.

Just one anecdote. My mom was here when Anders was born so she stayed with Maddy while we were at the hospital. The first evening Maddy and grandma came to visit at the hospital then went home to go to bed. Maddy cried the whole way home and then while my mom was getting her teeth brushed and jammies on. At one point Maddy stopped crying and said "Why is she crying? She misses her mama, huh?" Kills me everytime I think about it. She was lucky to have grandma around to kiss her and sing her songs till she fell asleep that night.

6 comments:

kate said...

I hadn't heard that story- so awesome. she is too big! miss those babies

Mikelle said...

She really is beautiful, funny too!

Bean said...

Becca, Maddy looks so old now! Such a big sweet girl. I love how kids deal with things- I can not stop laughing.
I think I need to come visit.

bec said...

ok bean

val said...

Oh the survival mode. You are awesome, and hilarious how did women do it without the boob tube to get them through.

Liz said...

She is SO pretty. Geez. And Anders is so lucky to have a sister that loves to take care of him like that. Can't wait to see those cuties